Following four successful installments of the celebrated Punk Goes Pop series, Fearless Records is proud to unveil the album details for the highly-anticipated Punk Goes Pop Volume 5, set to release on November 5th.
Punk Goes Pop 5 will feature 13 of the hottest pop-rock and hardcore bands covering major chart hits with their own flair. Highlights on this album include Breathe Carolina’s dance-party version of Michael Jackson’s ‘Billie Jean’, Mayday Parade’s irresistable cover of Gotye’s ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ (Feat. Vic Fuentes of Pierce The Veil), and The Maine’s euphoric re-working of Cyndi Lauper’s ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun’ (Feat. Adam Lazzara of Taking Back Sunday).
Check out www.PunkGoes.com for the premiere and free download of Upon This Dawning’s storming rendition of Carly Rae Jepsen’s ‘Call Me Maybe’. Also featured is Memphis May Fire’s interpretation of ‘Grenade’, originally performed by Bruno Mars.
Carly Rae Jepsen’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ as covered by Upon This Dawning now available for free download from www.punkgoes.com
“We are very excited to be on Punk Goes Pop 5. Being a part of this has always been a dream of ours and we’re very proud to be the first Italian band on it,” notes Upon This Dawning vocalist, Gianluca Molinari. “We chose to cover ‘Call Me Maybe’ after hearing the song on YouTube before it was popular and thought it was really catchy. Coincidentally, since then the song has gone on to do very well! We worked hard to make our cover incorporate our style and we’re thrilled with how it came out!”
“This is the first cover song we’ve ever done and we chose ‘Grenade’ because of its power & overall emotional sensibility,” lead singer of Memphis May Fire, Matty Mullins adds. “We felt there was a lot of room to adapt the song musically into our genre and that we could stand firmly behind the lyrics. We’re all very happy with how it turned out!”
Track list for Punk Goes Pop 5:
1. Memphis May Fire – Grenade (Originally recorded by Bruno Mars)
2. Upon This Dawning – Call Me Maybe (Originally recorded by Carly Rae Jepsen)
3. Mayday Parade – Somebody That I Used To Know (Feat. Vic Fuentes) (originally recorded by Gotye)
4. We Came As Romans – Glad You Came (Originally recorded by The Wanted)
5. Like Moths To Flames – Some Nights (Originally recorded by Fun.)
6. Breathe Carolina – Billie Jean (Originally recorded by Michael Jackson)
7. Forever The Sickest Kids – We Found Love (Originally recorded by Rihanna)
8. Issues – Boyfriend (Originally recorded by Justin Bieber)
9. The Maine – Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Feat. Adam Lazzara) (Originally recorded by Cyndi Lauper)
10. Crown The Empire – Payphone (Originally recorded by Maroon 5)
11. Craig Owens – Paradise (Originally recorded by Coldplay)
12. The Word Alive – Mercy (Originally recorded by Kanye West)
13. SECRETS – Ass Back Home (Originally recorded by Gym Class Heroes)
ABOUT PUNK GOES… – The alternative rock genre’s most highly-anticipated compilation, Punk Goes Pop, returns with another incredible collection of covers of today’s biggest hits. Punk Goes Pop 5 offers a selection of the hottest rock bands such as Mayday Parade, Breathe Carolina, The Maine, We Came As Romans, covering the major chart hits from the likes of Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, and Rihanna. In the twelve years since its launch, the Punk Goes… series has gone to sell over 800,000 albums and 4 million singles in just over a decade. Prior volumes in the Punk Goes… series include Punk Goes Pop 1, 2, 3, & 4, Punk Goes Classic Rock, Punk Goes Crunk, Punk Goes Acoustic 1 & 2, and have featured hit bands such as The All-American Rejects, Rise Against, Never Shout Never, Gym Class Heroes, Plain White T’s, Jack’s Mannequin, Reliant K, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, A Day To Remember, All Time Low, and more.